Rounded Edges Of Textbox in Report (1 Viewer)

amir0914

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:54
hi all, i have a lot of text boxes in report and i want to make rounded corners to Text Boxes in access ...i have searched on web but i can't find direct way to do this, is this possible??

thanks in advanced.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:54
Someone else may know better but AFAIK the answer is no.
You can certainly have rounded corners (and other shapes) for various objects including command buttons and tab controls
However not for text boxes or even the ActiveX version of them.
You could go to a lot of trouble and use transparent borders for your textbox then cover with a carefully placed rounded box shape and a transparent fill.....but is it really worth it?
To my mind it would make no sense to have rounded corners as those would obscure part of the text entered

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:54
I'm with Colin. The problem in doing this with Access is that Access does not support, for lack of a better term, "Shapes." Word, Excel, and Powerpoint can insert shapes with text fill areas. I have not seen this feature for Access, though. It does not appear that there is an interface to the "Shapes" library. I could agree with you that it is a desirable thing to do but so far, the "powers that be" in Microsoft have not done this.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:54
Hi Doc
In design view when you click on a button, tab control or other supported object, the Quick Styles and Change Shape buttons in the Format ribbon get enabled allowing some clever tricks like rounded corners

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom