Newbie problem: Memo box (1 Viewer)

Bizkaiko

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
Hi!
I've a combo-box in a form which selects an OrderNumber. The table of orders has a column "description" (is a memo field): I'd like to display this memo in the form but I don't know how to do it (or how to associate to a text.box) and to coordinate it with the combo-box to display the correct description when the selected orderNumber change

Rob.Mills

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
For the rowsource of the combobox use a query that pulls the field OrderNumber and the description field.

Then set the columncount property to 2.

Then set the column widths property to 0";1" (you can set the widths to whatever you want. Setting the first one to zero hides the number field)

Bizkaiko

Registered User.
Local time
The problem is that when I try to select the fields of the query in the combo-box I can't choose the memo field "description" (the only field of the query that appears and can be selected for the combo-box is the OrderNumber, but if I run the query in the query-window I can see both the OrderNumber and the description) :(

Rob.Mills

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
Gotta make sure you set each of the properties for the combobox

You've got the rowsource correct.

Make sure you set the Bound Column to the first column (assuming the first column is the OrderNumber). That will make the combobox equal to the OrderNumber.

Then set the Columncount to 2 so that both columns show up.

Then set the columnwidths to 0";2" This will set the 1st column to 0" and the 2nd column to 2" so only the 2nd column is displayed.

Bizkaiko

Registered User.
Local time
I set the properties manually, without the wizard.
Thanks for your help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom