secruity Certificates (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 06:27
did a search but didn't find anything

I have found a list on the microsoft site but there are hundreds on there can anybody recoment a good supplier for said certificates.

:banghead:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
Hi,

What are you trying to accomplish?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Re: security Certificates

Hi,

What are you trying to accomplish?

Once I create a mde/accde the users will get a secuity warning every time they open the database I can stop this on my system by creating a self certificate but any other users would get the warning as far as I know a ssl cert is the only way to stop that.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. With a MDB/MDE, I agree. However, I doubt you can do it with a ACCDB/ACCDE anymore (although I would be happy to know if and how it is possible).

As for identity/security certficates, the only one I can think of is Verisign.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Incorrect. If it is opened in a trusted location there are no security warnings.

As a separate issue, I do have a code signing certificate from Comodo which I use when distributing applications as self extracting EXE files via the internet. But that's not the same thing as you are discussing. As part of the installation process, I use a script to set the install location as trusted. The end user should never see the security warning.

You might find the following article by Phillip Stiefel worth reading https://codekabinett.com/rdumps.php?Lang=2&targetDoc=signing-vba-code-access-accdb

Dreamweaver

Local time
Incorrect. If it is opened in a trusted location there are no security warnings.

As a separate issue, I do have a code signing certificate from Comodo which I use when distributing applications as self extracting EXE files via the internet. But that's not the same thing as you are discussing. As part of the installation process, I use a script to set the install location as trusted. The end user should never see the security warning.

You might find the following article by Phillip Stiefel worth reading https://codekabinett.com/rdumps.php?Lang=2&targetDoc=signing-vba-code-access-accdb

Well don't think I'll bother after reading that nightmare on microsoft street but will look into trusted locations thank all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom