Moving Data from Rows to Columns (1 Viewer)

Zippyfrog

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:08
Hi - I am working with data where the program I export from puts all the data in rows, but I need it to be in columns. Is there an easy macro or command in excel to do this?

Basically, for every row where the user has identical data, I need to put it in a single row so I can do an e-mail merge and each user gets a single e-mail with all the data instead of user getting 5 different e-mails each with one piece of data.

Attached is a screenshot of what I am trying to accomplish. The top is what I am getting out of my database; the bottom is what I am trying to accomplish for the email merge.

Any ideas how to do this in Excel without a script? the data would be ordered by last name, first name, so I was thinking a script that would say "if the row beneath had the same last and first name, copy the data to the first empty cell in the row above then delete the row"

Attachments

• Changing Rows to Columns.JPG
    Changing Rows to Columns.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 119

Zippyfrog

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:08
Thanks, but that doesn't do what I want. Basically the data I have is exported from a database, but it puts every piece of data in it's own row. The end result I want is basically a pivot table where I can have the data appear instead of a summary count of the data. Right now when I do it, I can get it all to work, but it just says "1" in each of the cells, where instead of 1 I want the text to appear. I know that a pivot table is designed to do the total, so is there a way to mimic this using VBA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom