Integrating Queries with form controls (1 Viewer)

Thumper75

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:59
Greetings all,
Thanks for everyone's help as I have worked through my project. I'm entering the next phase now and it will rely heavily on queries. This is an aspect I have struggled with. For the most part I understand the basics of queries. I can manually create them and have had a fair degree of success with writing them out without the aid of the builder.

My project employs a many to many relationship theory with several key data inputs as the proverbial lynch pins. The tail numbers, log page numbers and work order numbers are found in almost every search and table within the dbase with few exceptions. I am confident that with just a little guidance and practice I will pick up on this skill as I have all others that I have learned.

Can anyone direct me to a resource or tutorial that will walk me through how to substitute a value in the query builder with a control input on a form? In principal this should be pretty straight forward but it seems to be making me :banghead:. For some reason I just can't seem to get it. The ultimate goal is to be able to store the queries in modules and call them as needed, but I can't seem figure out how to input the control values as variables in the code.

I want to be clear, I'm only looking for guidance on where to find the info on this one. If I have more specific questions I will reach out.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
Have you ever used the query builder? Usually it gets it right when you navigate through the forms and their controls lists.
The tail numbers, log page numbers and work order numbers are found in almost every search and table within the dbase
That raises a red flag for me. Project wide repetition of multiple values smells like tables aren't properly normalized. Not saying yours aren't, just that the comment raises my suspicions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom