passwords (1 Viewer)

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:40
I have a form that i only want certain users to have access to. Is there any way i can have them login with a user name and password just for this one specific form. I have a work group set-up on a test machine, but now it asks for a user name and password everytime i try to open any kind of access db.

BLeslie88

B Leslie
Local time
Today, 21:40
Well...

having not done this... here is my logic...

you have 2 options.

user group level...

say 1 being the highest

when form opens, cmdbutton is hidden...

on open, if user group level = 1, then cmdbutton.visible = true...

2nd option, make a new passwordform, modify it a bit, to open this 'other form' and if they enter correct password, they goto other form, else, back to switch board, or stay on password form...

this is my basic logic, that I could make happen...

I would opt for the hidden button, so less people ask about it, and less headaches....

$lim

Registered User.
Local time
ok i just found out i was asking the wrong question. When i open the form from a different pc, all of my startup settings are gone. Such as hiding the tables window and alsdo the form doesn't open up automatically. Does anyone know where the file that stores those settings is located at so i can paste on the other machine. Or even better would be a way of creating the form so all the settings take place on the users machine when they open the form. Let me know if you need me to explain more, just started working with access so this might be a lil cloudy.

Thanks for the link scouser i think it will be easier to go that route. Now i am stuck with the workgroup policy's, so everytime i open access i'm prompted for a password. Do you know how to delete/disable the security workgroup?

Last edited:

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
You have not correctly secured your db. There is a lot of threads covering the problems many users have faced when trying to secure their db. Search the forum for the keywords [System.mdw & Security] and you will find a lot of info on how to fix what your have done.

I will advise you to make copies [before and during] of your db while you are learning how to secure your db.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom