Word Reports as template (1 Viewer)

DevAccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:35
hello,

I would like to have three kind of word reports using VBA access 2010, say A, B & C type, three of this word report have their own content.

Basically What I would like to have is in this reports is as follows :

Can we have this report as word template so when user says they need kind of A report would goto file location of the local drive and pickup the template and make a copy to the user and have few fields replaced by the word records which use has selected ?

For example if template A has Dear <Employee First Name > so this would replaced by employee's first name which is coming from Access database ?
there may be N number of fields on the particular template.

I want to have report open in front of the use when user selects aforesaid report as their choice.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 05:35
Access has built in reports. Make it easy on yourself.

Anakardian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
Depending on how you build your word template it can be done somewhat easily but it might be easier to use the reports in Access with their limitations.

DevAccess

Registered User.
Local time
I want to have reports in word only, is there any way we can have easy integration of word template & access data ?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:35
You can link your word mail merge document with an access database? I can't see why you would need to involve Access in the process?

DevAccess

Registered User.
Local time
Access has required data which need to embed into word document for different user.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Access has required data which need to embed into word document for different user.

Yes - and you can link the word document to that Access data directly from Word, so I'm still struggling to see what the problem is?

DevAccess

Registered User.
Local time
it is not only one word document there could be 100 of word reports have to be generated and in access there lookup tables which has relationships to master table as well.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If you have over a 100 different reports, it sounds as if you could do to rationalise the reports, and create cleverer multi use ones in Access.

If you mean you want to create a 1 word document to a 100 different customers, with specific information related to that customer, then I would go back to creating the report in Access, and saving it as a pdf for automated email distribution from Access.

DevAccess

Registered User.
Local time
I don't want to email them, I just want to open it. user would choose specific date,and type of report they want from user interface form. this would query into the different tables and would bring the result as query and it would loop through the result and will generate report based on that and would open infront of them, so he/she can print them.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
What you want is achievable, but will require some significant amount of work.
You will need to store all the different word templates and locations in a table, each template would need to have a list of required fields and the data's original location in another table.
You would then be able to construct your user interface and possibly manipulate the Word document accordingly.

I reckon that would take at least a month of solid work by an experienced developer, assuming all the data and documents were of a good initial design. I don't think I would undertake that lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom