Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 09-14-2019, 05:41 AM   #16
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,530 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Last updated object in a database

Some time ago I actually found the definition object that explained the flags and type used for data types using Object Browser and an explicit reference to the appropriate library. However, that was stored on my Navy computer and I retired in 2016. I thought I would not need that info so didn't forward the reference to my personal account. (Silly me for that mental lapse.) The definition exists. It is just phenomenally obscure.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #17
Pat Hartman
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,498 Posts
Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all

I don't want to edit the MSysObjects table, I just want to be able to determine when the last database object was changed. I use a query based on MSysObjects
Code:
SELECT MSysObjects.Name, MSysObjects.DateUpdate, MSysObjects.Type, MSysObjects.Name & " -- " & MSysObjects.DateUpdate AS UpdateData
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE MSysObjects.Type In(-32768, 5,-32764, -32766)
ORDER BY MSysObjects.DateUpdate DESC;
But I have found that I can change forms and save them and this query will not reliably show the change.

The query does not include modules or tables because these seem to get updated when I don't change them.
Tera (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #18
Tera
Newly Registered User

Tera is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hartman View Post
The query does not include modules or tables because these seem to get updated when I don't change them.
I've added a sub to my switchboard's On Unload event to determine if any object has been changed base on MSysObject table's LastUpdated field comparing to the last back up date/time.
If anything is found it shows a msg of all updated objects and backs up the database.

I haven't seen anything suspicious since I've deployed this, but will have an eye on the list to see if what you say is true for Office 365 too.

Thanks for the alert.

Last edited by Tera; 09-16-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #19
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,530 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Actually I dug this up from a rather circuitous method:

https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=103811

Pat Hartman and I answered a question for a user looking at database objects. We of course each answered from a different viewpoint.

(The circuitous method was that I was following a link from StackOverflow.)

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: