1 Record Missed (1 Viewer)

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:19
Hi there, I have been trying to figure out this issue, but I can not get a right solution.

In my table, I have 574 records, I can see those in my form and in the main table. I have a query without any filter and I have 573 records, I am going mental with this record.

Could someone point me in the right direction to get this record back?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Does the query group the data? Is there a join to another table? Start by pasting the SQL for the query.

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, you turn the light, problem solved, the issue was one of the tables has a dropdown values and it was empty.

Almost going mental.

Thanks again.

Regards

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Yesterday, 16:19
one of the tables has a dropdown values and it was empty.

If you are doing a lookup at table level you will want to rethink how you are doing this. Lookups at the table level make it far more difficult for you, the programmer, to make sure what is really in your tables.

You will find that having the code for lookups at the form level works far better as it is much easier to customize to a given form AND allows you to tell what is really in your tables.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I agree with Mark regarding table level lookups. I even go so far as to NEVER even format any field on a table. That makes it a little more difficult to build forms and reports because if I want formatting I add it there but I was burned so badly once by table formatting that now I avoid it like the plague. In an app that I "acquired" so wasn't intimately familiar with, the developer had formatted all the dates as m/d/y but randomly around the app would use Now() rather than Date() when he was populating dates. I spent three days trying to fix a couple of queries that I thought were broken when the problem was that they were not properly handling dates with time components and no matter how many times I looked at the actual data, I didn't see the time parts because the developer had hidden them.

So, formatting a table may be convenient but it sure can cause subtle problems. Now of course, the first thing I check in a strange application is the table definition to ensure there is no format that is hiding reality from me - especially for date fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom