Very new to Access: MsgBox Conditons (1 Viewer)

accessingaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:29
Hello! I am working on a database for my store to keep track of store credit for customers. Currently, I have a form where we can add customer contact info, and there is a subform that displays credit history and totals. We are also using this subform to add and subtract customer credit. I would like to have a message box appear when someone assigns a large amount of credit to ensure that they meant to assign that much, as we are rarely assigning more than say ~$50. Is there a way when someone saves the form after adding more than $50 in credit on the subform that I can have a message box pop up asking that they confirm the credit amount? Currently I have it appear whenever someone saves the file, but I'd like to only appear when a large amount is added so that people don't get used to just clicking "OK" after every time they save. Maybe there is a better way than using the subform? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you. -A

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:29
I can have a message box pop up asking that they confirm the credit amount?

Well this is a very fortuitous post you have made! You have given me the ideal opportunity to promote my set of videos, code samples & sample dB on creating and using "Advanced Message Boxes" See my blog here for further details:- “Advanced” Message Box

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:29
I'd probably use the before update event of the subform because it can be cancelled:

http://www.baldyweb.com/BeforeUpdate.htm

In your case you'd test the amount field and if greater than 50 put up a yes/no message box to ask them to confirm it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom