Credit Card Processing (1 Viewer)

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:45
Can anyone recommed good credit card processing software.

My requirements:

Have the person buying product stay on my site.

I am not hosting my own server so i need something that web hosts will not have to load anything in the environment variables

I have looked at paypal and i read some horrible things about there support and you have to load a environment variable on the server which my hosts will not do.

I am developing in asp.net 1.1

Im not sure it i like authorize.net

Please any feed back would be great.

My business site is ready to go other than the credit card processing.

As always
Thanks a bunch

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
Today, 05:45
use Verisigns PayFlowPro XMLPay 2.0 API to accomplish this. When you sign up for it, you will have to contact their support to specifically request the PayFlowPro .NET SDK. I know this because I am working on a web service for it right now.

I can help answer questions as you build this. My first suggestion, should you choose Verisign, would be create serializable objects based on their xml structure that you can send out to their servers and a serializable response object that you can use to deserialize their xml response and process and business logic after that point.

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Verisign was a little to expensive for the business that i will be operating. What I decided to do was to process the credit cards by hand until i see how much business i have. If the business takes off then i will develop a Verisigns PayFlowPro XMLPay 2.0 API solution if you promise to help me. :) Thanks for all of your help Kodo. You are always there for web questions and i do appreciate it.

Would you care to look at my website before i put it into production to see if you can find any glaring problems. Im in the process of activating the ssl and should have a good test site finished before long.

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
hooks said:
Verisign was a little to expensive for the business that i will be operating. What I decided to do was to process the credit cards by hand until i see how much business i have. If the business takes off then i will develop a Verisigns PayFlowPro XMLPay 2.0 API solution if you promise to help me. :) Thanks for all of your help Kodo. You are always there for web questions and i do appreciate it.

Would you care to look at my website before i put it into production to see if you can find any glaring problems. Im in the process of activating the ssl and should have a good test site finished before long.

I can do this.. but I am very upfront about "things" that I find. In my experience there is no skirting the issue; it either "is" or "isn't" and there isn't always a "nice" way to say something needs to be changed. In other words, I'm very sterile with my responses as I try to maintain some sort of neutrality.

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Kodo said:
I can do this.. but I am very upfront about "things" that I find. In my experience there is no skirting the issue; it either "is" or "isn't" and there isn't always a "nice" way to say something needs to be changed. In other words, I'm very sterile with my responses as I try to maintain some sort of neutrality.

I can handle that. Thanks for the warning. What i will be looking for is someone who will do exactly what you said,Be very critical. Anyway i will send you a link when i get the site in a testing state.

This is off topic but what are your feelings toward java and pop up pages in a web page. My problem is the dreaded "Having the user enter in a date" problem. I have read that 10% of computers can not and do not use Java. I could easily put a calender control but some pop up blockers prevent it from showing.

Thanks for your help

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
4 ways
1: Don't use a java pop up. Use a script that displays a date-picker.
2: Use drop downs
3: use both 1 and 2
4: use client and server side validation, i.e. a combo of 3 and server side validation.

I normally do 2 or 3 (without a free form text box) this way the values can't be modified outside of specified ranges from the get go, thus relieving any requirements to double the validation work on the server.

Rule of thumb is to NEVER give them the option to type a date in.

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Can you give me an example of the datepicker script???

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:45
thus relieving any requirements to double the validation work on the server.
I think it best to check validation on server side anyway to make sure nothing has got past clientside checking or been injected.
Also a website should be able to work without scripts running.

Peter

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
Bat17 said:
I think it best to check validation on server side anyway to make sure nothing has got past clientside checking or been injected.
Also a website should be able to work without scripts running.

Peter
it was just a matter of time before someone posted this...yeah yeah.. there are other methods of global validation that don't require individual validation which is what I was referring to.

I can't stand writing conditionals to check 'Is this a date, is that a date'. If it's strongly typed then I can trap everything and spit back a message.

And actually, with .NET all that is so much easier now that validation is almost trivial.

tokmik

Local time
so I researched az merchant services companies for days to find one that I felt I could stay with for the long haul. Now my business is running strong and my Merchant Accounts LLC service is supporting me every step of the way. It's nice to know you have a trustworthy company handling your credit card transactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom