Help with VBA framwork (1 Viewer)

rgwfly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:16
hello,
I am hoping someone could help with a solution or guidance.
I am framing a test report that records testing for each project and the technician who works on it. the have to maintain a qualification or they get pulled from the job for retraining. On the form they enter Project and technician. With that there is a pass/fail on each record. I am looking to return a status based on the techs previous results. on the form itself and possibly back to a table that shows the tech is no longer qualified. I am attaching a spreadsheet showing the three different scenarios which may occur for one technician. I thought this may be the easiest way to explain.
A little new with VBA but I think a recordcount may be a start.

Attachments

• RTLogic.xls
    35 KB · Views: 107

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 11:16
I don't understand your data nor how you determined VBA is the solution path.

You mention a technician in your explanation, but I see no where in your data where there is technician data. You also mention 'previous result', but the only possible way to order your data is by the ID field, which is a poor idea--you instead should have a Date/Time field to know when each test occured.

Overall though, I can't see what you are hoping to achieve. I also think if you are hoping to achieve this in Access you have put the cart before the horse--forms are the last thing to worry about when building a database. First you must structure your data properly in tables and relate all the tables properly. Next you build the reports/queries you need to get the data out of it. Finally, you work on building forms to get data into your system.

So, is this to be an Access system?

rgwfly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:16
Thanks for your reply plog,

The test records represent three scenarios of how any single technician may fair each result. I hope this makes more sense.

Yes I already have an Access database that is pretty functional. the database track the Tech, Project, Fail/Pass rate and various other information.
Each record is time stamped when the entry is made on the form.
Supervisors of the techs maintain what they call a three strike rule which I tried to illustrate in the spreadsheet. I was just hoping to add a function to the form so when the entry is made there would be an indicator of the previous records results of the technicians. So what I though the relevant fields be: Time/Date, Technician, project, pass/fail.
Its something I can live without but though it would be a good challenge and learning experience to develop.

Thanks.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 11:16
That could be accomplished via subform, or with a Dlookup if you just want one field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom