Test current date inbetween dates in table (1 Viewer)

monkeytrumpet

Local time
Today, 13:13
Hi, I'm new here, and definitely new to access! I have a db designed to track safety documents, with 3 tables, some queries and a number of forms. One table for document acceptors, with date of authorisation and expiry, one with document details, and one for safety controllers, similar to acceptors.

I have a query based on the permits table to bring up a lift of documents which are prepared and ready to issue, which populates a split form in which the document can be issued to the acceptor, by means of a combobox. My problem is that I want to check that the acceptors authorisation is in date, but I'm struggling to work out how. I was thinking of using the 'on change' property of the combobox to trigger VBA code along the lines of

Code:
dim t1 as date
dim t2 as date
 t1 = [Acceptors]![Authorisation Date]!value
 t2 = [Acceptors]![Expiry Date]!value
if date(today)>t1 AND <t2,
msgbox("authorised",vbOKonly)
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Issue Document", acSaveYes
DoCmd.OpenForm ("Front Page")
else
msgbox("Acceptor's authorisation has expired, cannot issue document")

but I have no idea how to get this working, can anyone help please? I think the problem may be that the form I'm working from is looking at the permits table, where the field 'acceptor' is a lookup from the 'acceptors' table, if this makes sense?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:13
You can't get the values from the table like that. Try DLookup(). To get today's date use the Date() function.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:13
What does the combobox hold? Shoe some data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom