date()+1 not working with connected sharepoint calendar (1 Viewer)

archy321

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:15
Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with what i would have thought would have been a simple query. I have connected a sharepoint calendar to access and only want to see the appointments for tomorrow. In the query criteria i put in Date()+1 but there are no results. I have tried some experimenting with Between Date()+0 And Date()+1 which works as expected but also gives me today. I tried putting in Between Date()+1 And Date()+1 and that gvies me new returns. What am i doing wrong?

V/R
Archy

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:15
i put in Date()+1
Like how? = Date()+1?
What comes to mind is that the calendar data probably contains time, so if you're specifying only Date + some increment, the default time portion will be 00:00:00 which likely won't match anything. That would explain why Between would return something. In other words, if you specify Between 03/22/19 And 03/25/19 with no time in the criteria, records such as 03/25/19 12:01:00 and later on 03/25 aren't returned.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Archy. I agree with Micron. You could try using:
Code:
Between Date()+1 And Date()+2

archy321

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Archy. I agree with Micron. You could try using:
Code:
Between Date()+1 And Date()+2

:banghead: why didn't i think of this! Its so simple! Would you believe i worked on researching this for two days? It worked! Thank you very very much!

V/R
Archy

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, I opted for some confirmation rather than immediately posting a solution for what may not have been the issue, so now I come in last :(
For this I've used >= [a date] and <= [a date] + 11:59:59
(where [a date] is of course, a valid date) and when it was BETWEEN I've used DateAdd("n", 1440,[a date]) where 11:59:00 was good enough.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Well, I opted for some confirmation rather than immediately posting a solution for what may not have been the issue, so now I come in last :(
For this I've used >= [a date] and <= [a date] + 11:59:59
(where [a date] is of course, a valid date) and when it was BETWEEN I've used DateAdd("n", 1440,[a date]) where 11:59:00 was good enough.

Hi Micron. Sorry to steal your thunder. I submit it was your idea. I didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Just kibitzing around. No apology necessary - unless you got paid and I didn't (;))
I just wanted to give a couple of other possible ways of dealing with it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Why not try to actually understand the problem?

When a date includes a time component, that influences the result. If the stored date is 4/23/19 23:15 that is greater than 4/23/19. So the answer revolves around understanding your data and knowing what you actually need to account for. If you just add 1 day to 4/23/19 23:15, that doesn't resolve the problem because if you compare 4/24/19 23:15 to 4/24/19 12:00, it is STILL greater and that probably isn't correct.

The solution might be to not store a time when that isn't relevant. This would involve changing code to use Date() rather than Now() if all you want to do is to save the date and it would also involve running update queries to strip the time parts of all currently stored dates. The practical solution at this point is probably to use DateValue() to extract ONLY the date part of a datetime field. The code is clear and does not use any trick or cause anyone to have to actually think about why the code is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom