Make Table Query question (1 Viewer)

Jon123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:24
I'm trying to build a table based off a form that has 1 combo box and 3 radio buttons. I'm trying to use this is a way for users to simplify their searches.
So the combo box I think I have but I don't know how to code the radio buttons. What I have is Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 and if the user selects none then all phases will be added to the table. If they select 2, and 3 then just phase 2 and 3 will be added. Now if the user selects text1 from the combobox and phase 2 then only text1 plus phase 2 will be added to the new table. Does this make any sense?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:24
Radio buttons are used to select 'one' value out of several. Selecting another, deselects the previous.
I believe you want checkboxes for what you are trying to do.

Then you test each control and build the SQL string criteria required by checking each of your controls.

HTH

Jon123

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, I will search on using Check Boxes instead. Thank you

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 17:24
A MAKE table query does not make sense. If you want them to be able to search data a form and a query is all you need (actually a form a report based on a query). I don't understand what creating a table does for you.

Jon123

Registered User.
Local time
Agree, I was trying different things
But I don't know how to query based off the 3 different check boxes?
Since the data in the table field is called Location and the user selects checkbox 1 then I want to return all records that are Phase 1 but how do I determine Checkbox 1 and or 2 and or 3 all at the same time?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:24
You would inspect each one in turn and build the sql string accordingly.
If you want all the records for the phases category, I would have them all selected by default (more logical to me?), then the use can deselect any they do bnot want for your other phases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom