Probably an easy answer but i am having trouble with it. (1 Viewer)

Steve2020

Local time
Yesterday, 23:11
I have a field on a form called FemaleBodyFatPercentage that receives the percentages, based on the percentages i want to highlight the corresponding label from a transparent border to a 2 point border to highlight the label and make sure the other labels stay transparent. I have a feeling i am doing this totally wrong and I have tried multiple ways of doing this but I have no problem admitting that I am just stumped.

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value > 9.99 Then Me!FemaleDangerouslylowLabel.BorderStyle = 0

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value < 10 Then Me!FemaleDangerouslylowLabel.BorderStyle = 1

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value < 10 > "13.99" Then Me!FemaleEssentialFatLabel.BorderStyle = 0

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value > 10 < 14 Then Me!FemaleEssentialFatLabel.BorderStyle = 1

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value < 14 > 20.99 Then Me!FemaleAthletesLabel.BorderStyle = 0

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value > 14 < "21" Then Me!FemaleAthletesLabel.BorderStyle = 1

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value < 21 > 24.99 Then Me!FemaleFitnessLabel.BorderStyle = 0

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value > 21 < 25 Then Me!FemaleFitnessLabel.BorderStyle = 1

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value < 25 > 31.99 Then Me!FemaleAcceptableLabel.BorderStyle = 0

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value > 25 < 32 Then Me!FemaleAcceptableLabel.BorderStyle = 1

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value < 32 Then Me!FemaleObeseLabel.BorderStyle = 0

If FemaleBodyFatPercentage.Value > 31.99 Then Me!FemaleObeseLabel.BorderStyle = 1

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:11
Bit of a newbie as well. Where are you putting this code and initially noticed that none of your IF statements have END IF closing statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhorton79

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:11
Also, maybe a SELECT...CASE statement might work here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve2020

Local time
I am putting the code on the after update on a text box. It works sort of it will change the border on them as you change the percentages but if a border was already made visible it will stay visible even when the percentages change from that labels range.

I hope i explained that correctly.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:11
OK - several things here:

1.After Update event should be fine

nhorton79 said:
...noticed that none of your IF statements have END IF closing statements.
2. Not needed as each statement is on one line

nhorton79 said:
Also, maybe a SELECT...CASE statement might work here?
3. Yes - MUCH better

4. Use Me. before EACH FemaleBodyFatPercentage and FemaleDangerouslylowLabel
.Value NOT needed as it's the default

e.g.
Code:
[CODE]If [COLOR="Red"]Me.[/COLOR]FemaleBodyFatPercentage> 9.99 Then [COLOR="red"]Me.[/COLOR]FemaleDangerouslylowLabel.BorderStyle = 0

5. However, the main problem is that your ranges overlap and are incorrectly written:
e.g. if FemaleBodyFatPercentage = 12 then it is
a) >9.99 (statement 1)
b) >10 (statement 3)

Conditions like this are wrong: > 10 < 14
It should be '>10 And <14' or possibly 'Between 10 And 14'

These are also wrong > "13.99", <"21" as numbers shouldn't have quote marks

=====================================

Go through each statement & fix your conditions
Preferably change to Select Case

Have 'fun'

ashleedawg

"Here for a good time"
Local time
@Steve2020 -
If..Then..Else can be on one line (without an End If) if you're only giving it one statement to execute, like shown on MSDN.

Code:
If 1 = 2 Then Msgbox "Uh-Oh" Else Msgbox "Universe Intact"
Select..Case is a good idea as long as you only need to meet one set of criteria, so that wouldn't work in this case -- unless the overlapping criteria are a mistake, as @ridders pointed out. Also, some forget that Select..Case can be used with 'sets' of criteria, like the examples on MSDN.

Code:
Sub testCase()
    Debug.Print CheckItOut("hello")
    Debug.Print CheckItOut(7)
    Debug.Print CheckItOut(#11/5/1963#)
End Sub

Function CheckItOut(myThing As Variant)
    Select Case myThing
        Case "aaa" To "zzz"
            CheckItOut = "Probably a Word"
        Case 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
            CheckItOut = "Whole number 1-9"
        Case Else
            CheckItOut = "something else"
    End Select
End Function

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:11
What happens if FemaleBodyFatPercentage = 9.999? Such a value is greater than 9.99 and less than 10

You could simply the code using IIf statements
eg
Code:
Me!FemaleDangerouslylowLabel.BorderStyle = iif(FemaleBodyFatPercentage < 10 ,1,0)

Steve2020

Local time
Thank you for all the answers i am going to try to rework it in the morning--thank you all very much for the ideas and fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom