Create and edit google calendar events (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:59
Im looking for areference how to create a google calendar events.
Next step will be to be able to edit them.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 03:59
I do Google Calendar interfacing from my apps, including Access..

I first tried interfacing with with Google Calendar writing only VBA code. Not easy and takes a lot of time to learn.

I found and ActiveX control from ChilKat Software (Click Here) that made it really simple. Had it working in just a few hours with very little code.

The thing I really like abut using the ChilKat solution is that it is regularly updated so it will work after Google changes something.

Check out the code examples: https://www.example-code.com/vbscript/googleCalendar.asp

smig

Registered User.
Local time
I do Google Calendar interfacing from my apps, including Access..

I first tried interfacing with with Google Calendar writing only VBA code. Not easy and takes a lot of time to learn.

I found and ActiveX control from ChilKat Software (Click Here) that made it really simple. Had it working in just a few hours with very little code.

The thing I really like abut using the ChilKat solution is that it is regularly updated so it will work after Google changes something.

Check out the code examples: https://www.example-code.com/vbscript/googleCalendar.asp

Thanks
Few questions, before I buy the 250$ license

I don't want to integrate the google calendar into my app, just to be able to create events from my own diary.
Do I get back some kind of ID for every event I create so I can edit/delete it later, if needed ?
Can I have some kind of flag if event I created was changed, outside of my app ?

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 03:59
Thanks
Few questions, before I buy the 250$ license

Before you purchase a license, I recommend you download and install it. You can use it for 30 days in trial mode to see if you like it. It is fully functional during the trial.

If you want to continue using it after 30-days, then purchase a license.

Or first try the code in the link theDBguy posted to see if it will work for you.

I don't want to integrate the google calendar into my app, just to be able to create events from my own diary.
Do I get back some kind of ID for every event I create so I can edit/delete it later, if needed ?

The way I think of it is this. If you can add, edit and delete a record from within your application then it is integrated in to your app. It is independent of where the data is stored.

Can I have some kind of flag if event I created was changed, outside of my app ?

The way I would do it is read the calendar events and look at the changed/modified date. That would be your flag.

I think what you are trying to do is this:

1) store calendar events in your Access database
2) after a record is added, add it to your google calendar
3) after an event record changes, update the google colander event
4) after an event record is deleted, removed it from the Google Calendar
5) Check the Google Calendar for changes. If found, update the related records in your database.

If that is what you are trying to do, you are needing a two-way sync between your Access database and Google Calendar.

Two-way syncing is done with smartphone apps and desktop apps.

I use software that syncs my Outlook Calendar with my Google Calendar. This allows me to use Outlook on my desktop PC, a tablets, and a smartphone to manage my calendar.

You can do the same thing with your Access app.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Before you purchase a license, I recommend you download and install it. You can use it for 30 days in trial mode to see if you like it. It is fully functional during the trial.

If you want to continue using it after 30-days, then purchase a license.

Or first try the code in the link theDBguy posted to see if it will work for you.

The way I think of it is this. If you can add, edit and delete a record from within your application then it is integrated in to your app. It is independent of where the data is stored.

The way I would do it is read the calendar events and look at the changed/modified date. That would be your flag.

I think what you are trying to do is this:

1) store calendar events in your Access database
2) after a record is added, add it to your google calendar
3) after an event record changes, update the google colander event
4) after an event record is deleted, removed it from the Google Calendar
5) Check the Google Calendar for changes. If found, update the related records in your database.

If that is what you are trying to do, you are needing a two-way sync between your Access database and Google Calendar.

Two-way syncing is done with smartphone apps and desktop apps.

I use software that syncs my Outlook Calendar with my Google Calendar. This allows me to use Outlook on my desktop PC, a tablets, and a smartphone to manage my calendar.

You can do the same thing with your Access app.

Thanks

I guess I'll have to go into it to see how it works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom