To the Prettiest One (1 Viewer)

Aeristan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:34
Blessed Be! My name is Sarjenka and I am a Storyteller, Game Master, and independent designer from Berea, Ohio.

I was introduced to Microsoft Access in the Fall term of 2018. We have free Microsoft Office through our college. I enrolled in a Database Implementation and Design course, in the hope that it would give me ideas on how to make a database for my game. By the end of the term, I was astounded to find that my game was already well underway! This 1st year class focuses on relational database theory and SQL; Visual Basic is far beyond the scope. I have taught myself quite a bit in the last 6 months that I have been working on this project, and a large part of that knowledge came from this Forum.

Inspired by the text-based telnet Multi-User Dungeons we played in the early 90s, I am calling my virtual environment AccessMUD. The game operates according to Pathfinder mechanics, but is set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. I am a chaotic good female human Sorceress(3)/Priestess(3) of Selûne the MoonMaiden, and this Story shall be dedicated to Her.

May your hands create Beautiful things --

-- Sarjenka

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:34
Welcome to AWF!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hello. Welcome to the forum!

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Before you stands a door, black, shining in the moon light. Massive, it reaches far above your head and is broad enough to pass paired riders upon their warmounts. Flanking are the great grey blocks of stone forming the strongholds walls and above hulks the daunting form of the gatehouse.

As your gaze goes higher, you realize there is a tower behind that rises up into the low-hanging clouds. A bright crimson banner hangs listless in the still air. You see upon it the golden runes of power, the runes of that which you seek.

V
B
A

What next do you do?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
Is Sarjenka your birth name or character name? Because I have only run into that name one other time, and it was in a TV series. I see you are multi-classing. At sorceress(3) you start to get some nice area-of-effect spells. Should be interesting.

When I was playing D&D it was a variant called Empire of the Petal Throne set in a different universe than the Forgotten Realms games. Professor M.A.R. Barker ("Phil" to his friends) wrote it and a few copies were distributed. I met him once and hosted a short campaign which he ran in my house. It was cramped with a dozen people in my den, but lots of fun.

In that game I was an archer (warrior, not ranger) with a Dex that was the equivalent of something like 18/66, so I got two strikes per turn on ANY weapon, or if I took time to aim, a bonus equivalent of +4 to hit with whatever weapon I was using, even if throwing rocks at the time.

I say "equivalent" because in Phil's game we rolled our skills using D100 and I had a 100+40 on Dex. Wasn't bad on strength, but my character's nickname was "Speedy." My "dodge" skills were no slouch either. When I rolled up the "magic" ability for the character, the answer was not only NO, but HELL NO. So... good to have around during a battle, had a +2 longsword for close-in work, hardly EVER missed with my bow, but couldn't scare up a healing spell to save my soul.

Welcome, Sarjenka.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Doc,

3.5 / Pathfinder sorcerer doesn't get 2nd's until lvl 4.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
I wasn't playing Pathfinder so wasn't aware of that profile.

Aeristan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:34
What next do you do?

I ready an action to use my scroll of comprehend languages as soon as I discover any masterwork code segments. Then I search the area.

Is Sarjenka your birth name or character name? Because I have only run into that name one other time, and it was in a TV series.

<smile> That is not my birth name. "Sarjenka" has been my "character name" since we saw it on Star Trek TNG. It became my legal first name since 2013. ("Aeristan" is my last name.)

I see you are multi-classing. At sorceress(3) you start to get some nice area-of-effect spells.

One of my favorite spells has always been color spray. "Kallisti!!" We don't get as much mileage as we used to at first level anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom