Unable to reference info on a form (1 Viewer)

Hecronis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
Hey, I'm trying to reference some information that is on a form using query but for some reason I can't. If I reference any fields in the form using a query I'll get random things like Chinese characters, blank fields, or for one of the number fields on the form will return "q" in a query. I think something is corrupt considering it was working 2 weeks ago, and I tried running compact and repair but it didn't help. I'm really hoping I'm not going to have to recreate this page. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:43
You could try to create a new database and import all into it.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:43
The 'Chinese characters' thing is almost always a sign of corruption (unless you're in the Far East) and the first line of defense, as JHB suggested, is to create a new, blank file and Import everything int it.

Linq ;0)>

Hecronis

Registered User.
Local time
So just importing everything should fix it, it wont just import the corrupted data as well? I wont have to recreate things?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:43
If importing the form to a new database also fails then you can try creating a new form in the new database and use the clipboard to copy all the controls across.

Hecronis

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah its still doing the same thing but I was able to figure out a work around for it. Right now it will do until I have a chance to remake that page. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom