range period of time in a date query access (1 Viewer)

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:10
How can I range period of time in a date query access
For example search for 8:00 am until 13:00 pm of 15/4/2019

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
What does your data look like?

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
Can I write ! [ Enter the date] between [ enter start hours] and [ enter end hours]

Attachments

• kkk.png
    kkk.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 313

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 14:10
I only see a date, no time period!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:10
Two issues:

1. The syntax for that type of query would be a WHERE clause with a BETWEEN x AND y criterion. You would probably want to synthesize the query using substitution, or you could have those two dates in form controls, in which case you could reference the form controls in the SQL. Note, however, that the "build via substitution" ends up running better most of the time. We also don't know how you intend to use the dates (i.e. for display, for update, for report generation, for select export...)

2. You need to understand DATE fields (and DATE variables, for that matter). They must be handled specially in any query, particularly when dealing with manually entered date and time taken from ANY text-oriented input source (like a text box or an input box or the automated parameter box associated with SQL's undefined parameters.)

We cannot tell your level of expertise so it is hard to know the best way to frame a more detailed answer.

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
Each day we sell a variety of products
And We want to use the query to see and select the morning and evening of each day. I'm sorry I can't explain clearly

I just only know this rule [ enter the date ] .
But I want to know more about morning time and night time if that date

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Each day we sell a variety of products
And We want to use the query to see and select the morning and evening of each day. I'm sorry I can't explain clearly
As JHB said though, how can we tell which records belong in the morning and which ones in the evening if there are no time components in the data? Or is there, and you just haven't shown it to us yet?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:10
If do not have a time element in the date field of the table, you cannot do that.?
Your heading shows Date and Time, but only the date element is showing.?:confused:

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
Excuse , if I have the date and time like this , can I select the date and the period of time ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190518_215814.jpg
    IMG_20190518_215814.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20190518_215928.jpg
    IMG_20190518_215928.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Excuse , if I have the date and time like this , can I select the date and the period of time ?
Hi. Thanks for the update. Try it this way:
Code:
Between "#" & [Enter Date] & " " & [Enter Start Hour] & "#" And "#" & [Enter Date] & " " & [Enter End Hour] & "#"
(untested)
It might actually be easier to avoid user input error if you use a dropdown on a form to select the times.

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
Dear "theDBguy" I can't use the drop down in form because the lists product are too long for each day
And your suggestion it doesn't work ???

Attachments

• IMG_20190518_231155.jpg
    IMG_20190518_231155.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 235

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Dear "theDBguy" I can't use the drop down in form because the lists product are too long for each day
And your suggestion it doesn't work ???
Interesting. I just gave it a try and didn't get an error with it. There are only 24 hours in a day, what do you mean the list will be too long? I was saying have the user select the hours instead of typing them to avoid user errors. It would really help if you could post a sample db.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:10
OK, here is the problem you need to consider: Date/Time are actually not separately testable in the way you are forming the question. However, let's explore you REAL needs. You mentioned "morning" and "evening" times. Is that always the same cutoff time? I.e. is "Morning" ALWAYS anything before Noon and "Evening" ALWAYS anything after Noon? Or is there some other fixed cutoff time? Because if so, then you only need to separately ask for an input date of interest, perhaps with an Input Box, then build something like

Code:
SELECT ..... FROM .....
WHERE Time BETWEEN #" & [InputDate] & " 0:00:00# AND #" & [InputDate] & " 11:59:59# .... ;

or

SELECT ..... FROM .....
WHERE Time BETWEEN #" & [InputDate] & " 12:00:00# AND #" & [InputDate] & " 23:59:59# .... ;

Obviously, I am using Noon as that fixed cutoff point. If you have an input box before you run this query, ask the date once but use it twice. It will lead to less confusion and annoyance.

Something I noted in passing from your posted JPG files... you have committed one of the sins of the inexperienced Access programmer. The field name TIME is a reserved word that overlaps with certain functions. Call it SalesTime or STime or some other name, but the name Time is already taken. When you commit a sin, you must of course do penance. In this case, the penance is tearing your hair out when Access decides to blow up on you (or just do strange stuff) because of that reserved name. We won't impose the penance. Access itself will.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:10
Other issues may be at play since Time is a reserved word and shouldn't be used to name anything. If you were to attempt something like
WHERE Time BETWEEN #" I would think brackets would be mandatory

WHERE [Time] BETWEEN #"
otherwise you'd be invoking the Time function. The best approach is to NOT use reserved names. Suggest you bookmark

http://allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Run the query in the attached database, input [Start date and start time] and [End date and end time].

Attachments

• Hospital Invoice 2019.accdb
    788 KB · Views: 239

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
JHB : one more question plz !!!
when we can select during time of the Date, but the (Total group by SUM) didn't sum Qty of the same Product .
how could i do ?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Please could you clarify what you mean?

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
JHB . Can not group by sumQty for the same product
How to do?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Run the query in the attached database, is that what you want?
If not, put the data from the query in a Excel sheet and show me which data to put together.

Attachments

• Hospital Invoice 2019.accdb
    844 KB · Views: 241

kanxay

Registered User.
Local time
Dear JHB when i run the Query it doesn't show the time , it just show the date
TheDate: DateValue([Date and time])

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-21 18.42.40.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-21 18.42.40.jpg