ODBC disconnect after many time does not to use (1 Viewer)

n3wguys

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:04
Dear All,

I have build database from mysql as server online and ms access as front end.
next, for connecting to database, I have used get data link external via ODBC connector and load all table. When I want to submit some data, connecting still on and nothing effect. but I leave my laptop for a few minute, and came back to continue to submit some data, I face error "Fail ODBC".:banghead:
so I still to re link this table again and success.

my question.
- how to fix this error that ODBC still live without need to disconnect. or
how to make form automate to reconnect/re link table to server ?

notice :I'm building front end from ms access with less vba code. and to make link manager, still I do manual to access this menu.

thanks so much

iimusicdev

Local time
Today, 04:04
The problem is the setting of the timeout on the MYSQL Server.
It's intended to be short so that Web Users are not hogging the resource.
For a private system, like your Access Front End MySQL Backend, you should change the time out value to be much higher, so allowing a much longer connection time.

Also you can use a Dummy Table to action a "Keep Alive" Scenario. Create a table with a single record. Set a timer in your VBA to read the table at regular intervals and this wil keep your MYSAL connection alive.

I've used this extensively with an Access Front End and MYSQL backend and it works perfectly without any performance degradation at all, neither to the MySQL, the Access Front End or the Broadband connection!

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom