Send Report by email (1 Viewer)

A

Arti

I don't know if this is possible, but I want to try to send a report by email by clicking a command button on a form. My problem is that the name of the report is determined by the value of another variable in the form. The form has a pull-down menu of names called "Assigned to:" and I want the button to send the report that has the same name as the value of "Assigned to:" to the person who's name is "Assigned to:". Is there a way to program a command button to have these variables and look them up from the form that the button is on?

Neal

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:04
Is your mail client Outlook? I think I know how you could do that if you use Outlook.

A

Arti

yes, I am using Outlook...

Hoa Le

Local time
Create a form with a button cmdSend and a textbox named txtRecipient. Next, behind the OnClick event of the button, paste this code:

'-----------------------------
Private Sub cmdSend_Click()

Dim strRecipient As String

On Error GoTo cmdSend_Click_Err

strRecipient = Me.txtRecipient

DoCmd.SendObject , "Attachment here!", "Format here!", strRecipient, "", "", "Subject heading here!", "Your message here!", True, ""

cmdSend_Click_Exit:
Exit Sub

cmdSend_Click_Err:
MsgBox Error$
Resume cmdSend_Click_Exit

End Sub
'--------------------------------

Enter a name in the textbox and click the button to send your e-mail to that name.

Good luck.

Mick3911

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, I appreciate that this thread is a few years old but it has worked great for me. I have tried to send e-mails to more then one e-mail address using this VBA code by inserting [txtReceipient1] [txtReceipient2] and so on but it is not working for me.

Can someone point me in the right direction to rectify this.

Many thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You would concatenate each email address with a semi colon ';' so that the strRecipient would look like "test@test.co.uk;test2@test2.co.uk"

FWIW it does not matter if the string ends with a ';', it still sends OK, so just set up a loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom