Question Various Issues With Charts, is There an Easier Way? (1 Viewer)

ItsRoland

Local time
Yesterday, 20:27
I've recently began messing with charts in access, more specifically Pie Charts, and I've been experiencing a number of issues. Each of these charts are just meant to display the percentage of "High", "Medium", and "Low" in different columns.

Some don't display percentages properly, giving each category a seemingly random value. For example, two of my charts are showing roughly 33% for all three values, but "Low" should be at 0%.

Some aren't displaying colors properly. For example, if "Low" is not present, it sets the color for "Low" to "Medium" instead.

There are a few other issues that I won't get into right now.

What I want to know is, is there a simple way to set values to these charts? Right now, I have Union Queries set as the source for the charts, each of which is set up exactly the same only referencing different fields (which all only include "High", "Medium", and "Low"), and each is experiencing different issues.

I just want to display a few pie charts that show how many records are rated as "High", "Medium", or "Low".

If the most efficient way of doing this is what I did (Union Queries) then I'll post the row sources and SQL in question. Otherwise, if someone could please help me, I would greatly appreciate it. These charts have been causing me problems for a while now.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:27
As I stated in post #11 of the thread June quoted:

Personally I'd go for the tRisk table approach and link that to tScenarios using an outer join to get all 3 fields BUT you will need to modify the Expr1 & Expr2 fields in your query

The idea was to create a tRisk table as a 'lookup table' for your Low, Medium, High values. As stated in that quote, personally I thought that was a better approach

Also in future, if you create a new thread related to something very similar you posted previously on the same or a different forum, please provide the link yourself to save others spending a lot of time answering points already covered. As you will have realised, many of us answer questions on several forums, though not always using the same user name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom