Access VBA Combobox bug (1 Viewer)

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Today, 00:39
There are several tables.

The main ones are DBObjects, which has one record for every form, report, query, table, or module in the actual database. DBObjectDependencies, which has one record for every object that the main object needs for it to work. e.g.. A query won't work if the tables it uses don't exist. A form may need a query, and subforms, and modules. DBObjectDependencies only has the DIRECT dependencies. i.e. the Tables used by a query. Or the subforms on a form, but not the tables used by the queries used by the forms.

There is a table DBObjectSets, that has a related table DBObjectSetObjects. Each object set record has a "Title" such "Error Logging" or "Version Handler", or "Relinker Simple". DBSetObjects will have records for the base objects of the set e.g. frmErrorLog, basErrorLogger, but not any dependencies of the object.

If I add a record to DBObjects of type "WKS_Set" named "Error Logger", and another one for "Relinker Simple" I can then create a new Set named "Minimal Database" to DBObjectsSets and only add the two objects "Error Logger" and "Relinker Simple" to the DBObjectSetObjects for "Minimal Database", click one button and a database new database will be created with some 40 different objects that the Error Logger and Relinker need to work properly. Before I would have had to add all of the base dependent objects to "Minimal Database", which in this case would have only been 4 or 5 instead of two, but in some cases it would have been a lot, and now I don't have to worry about missing one when there are a lot of base objects.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:39
Sorry - I only just spotted your reply.

I think I've now grasped it.
That sounds like a much more organised approach to setting up a new database based on what we might call 'boilerplate' items.

Good luck from here on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom