Losing my Mind (1 Viewer)

CleverFox

Local time
Today, 01:04
Hello Everyone, I'm new to Access and new to VBA so please bear with me. I'm learning as I go essentially, which means watching a ton of YouTube videos, googling, and searching wonderful forums such as this. I'm trying to create a simple Search Form using a combo box. I followed the guides.....checked and double checked the little VBA work I did, and I of course receive an error without understanding why it's giving me an error or how to fix it. It's giving me a Run-time error '3464': Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

Private Sub cboSupName_AfterUpdate()
Dim mysup As String
mysup = "Select * from tbl1EmployeesInfo where ([SupervisorName_ID] = " & Me.cboSupName & ")"
Me.tbl1EmployeesInfo_subform.Form.RecordSource = mysup
Me.tbl1EmployeesInfo_subform.Form.Requery
End Sub

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :D Thank you

Attachments

• snip.JPG
    snip.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 37

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
chances are your supervisorname_id field in the table has been set as a lookup field and you are trying to match a text value from your combo to a numeric value in your table.

If so, remove the lookup from the field in the table and ensure your combo is bound to the ID in the rowsource

Note: there is no need to requery if you change the recordsource

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:04
Also you must include the supv ID in the combo source. Set the combo Bound Column to column number of this ID.

CleverFox

Local time
Today, 01:04
Thanks for your help; it halfway fixed the issue. So, by adding single quotes as delimiters and making it so it had the raw data and not a lookup box in my original table, my sorting works! Hooray and thank you so much!

However it created a different problem. Now it'll filter correctly in my subform, but when the filtering is complete all of the tables which have relationships show on the subform as "#Name?". :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm halfway there! if anyone knows a solution to this. I've been writing all this done in my Access Notes so I don't ever forget how to solve these problems. Thanks for the assistance!

<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom