Attendance by event by month report (1 Viewer)

pushmb20

Local time
Today, 07:56
Hi,

I have made myself a database that tracks 60 participants attend or refuse to attend up to 33 different kind of events that occur monthly.

I have the database with the participants, a form to enter participation and refusals (an append function is used here) and a query that totals up my participation by event, by month.

Now I need to report that looks like this:
- 1 page per participant
- shows the entire list of events possible
-their participation and refusal for each month
-shows the above for the entire year, separated by month.

I have received some formal training for Access... however this was in 1999. I don't use it excessively, but can get around it and figure stuff out - and I am stuck now. Any ideas on how I can get this report?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 05:56
What are your tables and how are they related?

I am guessing you have a tblParticipants and a tblEvents. Do you directly add one entry to tblEvents for each event the participant can go to or is tblEvents a master file that you like participants to?

Also where are you storing the dates they could be attending?

pushmb20

Local time
Hi Mark,

I have the following tables:

Attendance
Event
Event Type
ResidentT

Event - Is the list of the 33 event types
EventType - is the table for the groups for the 33 events (for example, one of the groups is Diversional - the events under that are coffee, outing, pub nite, sing song, special events)
The ResidentT is my table to add all the participants and it is a temp holder for the attendance.
Attendance is were my append query moves the data from the ResidentT table to a permanent attendance table where each resident's participation and refusal is tracked

I built this based on this tutorial I found and then customized it for my needs. (Search "Microsoft Access: Tracking Student Attendance, Append Query" in YouTube)

The relationship between my tables is as such:
EventType - linked to Event table and Attendance table
Event - linked to Attendance table

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 05:56
So I am guessing you don't have a fixed list of people who will be invited then?

Do you have one record in your attendance file for each attendee/event OR do you have one for each month with the 33 events? Also do you have a date field in it?

So long as you have a date field you can run your report off of attendance, sort it by both attendee and date, and filter based off of a date range for the month you want.

pushmb20

Local time
The list of people who will be participating changes... the participants are actually personal care home residents... who unfortunately, sometimes pass away and a new resident is moved into the personal care home. So although there will always be 60 participants, on occasion, some are new and some are no longer here.

I have 1 record in my attendance database for each attendee and each event and each date. That's what my append query does.

I am able to get my query to separate by month and count for each event the participation and refusal, but am now stuck at how to get my query data to a report that shows what I need.

Participant

These are on my horizontal
April 2016
Participation / Refusal

May 2016
Participation / Refusals

These are my vertical list options
Event type (1 on 1 for example)
coffee
gardening
sing song
Event type (diversional for example)
Pub nite
movies
crafts
visits

And so on for events and for months (I would like a whole fiscal year at a time (from April to March) with all their participation and refusals captured for each event and each month

Sorry - doesn't let me show my table properly and can't post links or attachments yet (10 post minimum)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom