Crsosstab Query Doesn't Recognize Expression in Source Query (1 Viewer)

ALewis06

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:24
I have a query where these are the fields:
ProductRevType
RevLag
RevFlowThru
CloseMoYr
ProjRevDate
CurrentMRC
ProjRevMRC

The ProjRevMRC field is an expression that reads:
ProjRevMRC: IIf([ProjRevDate]>=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1),[CurrentMRC]*[qry303a_SFADetailMRC_ONLY]![Rev Flow Through],0)

When I run the query, it works perfectly, but when I created a crosstab query to show totals by month, I wanted the totals to be zero for the months less than the current month. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way for the crosstab query to execute the expression and put zeroes for those months?

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:24
it should work without any problems assuming you have the query as the source for the crosstab...

Only issue may be if ProjRevDate is not actually a date field, but a text field.

ALewis06

Registered User.
Local time
ProjRevDate is a date field formatted as mmm-yy

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 20:24
What does the SQL view of the Crosstab Query look like?

ALewis06

Registered User.
Local time
TRANSFORM Sum(qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.ProjRevMRC) AS SumOfProjRevMRC
SELECT qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.ProdRevType, qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.[Rev Lag], qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.[Rev Flow Through]
FROM qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY
GROUP BY qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.ProdRevType, qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.[Rev Lag], qry303e_SFADetailProjRevMRC_ONLY.[Rev Flow Through]
PIVOT Format([ProjRevDate],"mmm") In ("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec");

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom