numerical keypad producing comma instead of period (1 Viewer)

Andy74

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:58
Hello,

I noticed that on all my forms my both comboboxes or text boxes shows a comma (,) instead of period (.) when using the numerical keypad for input the period. This is happening even if the the system keypad is correctly set to English and out of Access the keypad gives correctly the period on file texts, doc files, etc.

Any idea how to overcome this? Though a simple thing, it's affecting all our users because they input lot of data through the keypad and they are annoyed by it!

Andy

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:58
Hi Andy. If it’s only happening with Access, then it’s probably not a computer setting. Does this only happen for data bound ti a table? For example, if you create a blank, unbound form and add an unbound textbox to it, would numbers entered into this box still show with a comma instead of a dot?

Andy74

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,

it happens also to unbound controls and text box. I created a new empty accdb file within a new form with unbound controls and still no change.

As my pc has italian keyboard (with comma as decimal separator) I first suspected it was related to international settings of keyboard. But as I mentioned I changed the setting to English keyboard and it is working ok except on the Access files. I also tried with a US pc (I am in US know) by accesing a terminal server where we have our application running. And it has the same behaviour: working correctly out of Access but not ok in Access!

By the way the terminal server is in Italy, but it's a Windows server 2008. I get the same behaviour there: if I change the keyboard settings to English it works ok outside of Access, but not ok in Access (I still get the comma when hitting the period on the numerical keyboard).

I am puzzled ...

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:58
When did this start happening?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:58
check your computer's Regional settings. what symbol is being used for "."

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:58
have you checked the language settings in Access? File>Options>Language?

Andy74

Registered User.
Local time
check your computer's Regional settings. what symbol is being used for "."

This actually solved the issue when changing the decimal separator to ".", but just after rebooting my pc. It was one of the first thing I did yesterday but it looked like it was no working in Access. I have no idea why, because out of Access didn't need any reboot.

Still a little bit puzzled though! Thanks to everybody for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom