How to show table value with new properties! (1 Viewer)

star777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
For the selected vendors:
A) if at least one of the indicators LOEVM, SPERR, or SPERM ="X", set COMPANIES.DISABLED to "1"
ELSE
B) If SPERQ = one of the values below:
PA (Vendor Moved)
PD (Block for Duplication)
PE (Block for Commercial Issue)
QF (Disapproved)
QG (Inactivated)
QH (Unapproved)
set COMPANIES.DISABLED to "1"
ELSE:
C) set COMPANIES.DISABLED to "0".

The SPERQ is a field with values PA, PD, PE, QF, QG, QH etc. I want to show value properties as well in the query with IIF stamnt. Is it possible?
Any other way?
Now, I want to enter value properties

star777

Registered User.
Local time

Attachments

• L09. VENDOR v6.2C 2018-07-17 - Corrective data load for DISABLED and BBA_COSTATUS.xlsx
    27.4 KB · Views: 142

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:54
Several people including myself gave you advice in the previous thread.
You keep repeating the IF...ELSE..END IF statement but there is no indication that you've attempted what has been suggested.

I now see its taken straight from the Excel file but that seems to add nothing of any consequence as far as I could see.

Am I correct in assuming you don't really understand this.

star777

Registered User.
Local time
Several people including myself gave you advice in the previous thread.
You keep repeating the IF...ELSE..END IF statement but there is no indication that you've attempted what has been suggested.

I now see its taken straight from the Excel file but that seems to add nothing of any consequence as far as I could see.

Am I correct in assuming you don't really understand this.

Hi Colin,
you are right that I am a kind of messed up.
I use the code:
IIf([LOEVM]="X" Or [SPERR]="X" Or [SPERM]="X" Or [SPERQ]="PA" Or [SPERQ]="PD" Or [SPERQ]="PE" Or [SPERQ]="QF" Or [SPERQ]="QG" Or [SPERQ]="QH",1,0)

works great however the value properties is an issue now. you suggested to use lookup but it seems that i dont know how is that?

Appreciate your help.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:54
IIf(LOEVM = "X" Or SPERR = "X" Or SPERM="X" Or SPERQ IN("PA","PD","PE","QF","QG","QH"), 1, 0)

Build a table that shows the association between letter codes and description. Include table in query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom