Access Query/Report (1 Viewer)

emmalj

Local time
Today, 05:50
Hello All that read .... I'm hoping someone can assist and I'm also hoping I can make sense of this in words.

I'm trying to create a report in Access 2007 to show expiry dates only for certificates that suppliers have against there name.

I have a supplier table that shows all details including the certificate fields and there are 5 of them "Cert1 - Cert1ExpDte, Cert2 - Cert2ExpDte, Cert3 - ~Cert3ExpDte, Cert4 - Cert4ExpDte and Cert 5 - Cert5ExpDte

The First Fields of each number represent the Certificate name and the second field is the Expiry Date.

If I am to create a report that shows the supplier name and expiry dates only what is it I'm needing to do, I'm not particularly familiar with Access queries and reports so any help would greatly.

Thanks in advance and if you need anymore information then please feel free to let me know

Emma

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:50
You have stumbled upon a design flaw in your table, which is why you are struggling with the report design.

You should really have another table called SupplierCerts with your SupplierID, CertName, CertExpiry & any other certificate specific items in it.
That way you can have 1, 5 or 20+ certificates per supplier without having to redesign your forms, reports etc. if a supplier suddenly has 6 certificates or no certificates.

Your report would then be very simple to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom