Question astrange formatting porblem in vba (1 Viewer)

MIkeD666

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:06
Hi can anyone help me. I seem to have altered my vba, to not allow me to put a space between words.

example when I press the space bar, the curser moves to create the blank space, but delete the space once I start writing again. So if I type "dim bank As integer" it appears as "dimbankAsinteger" until I go back and insert the blank space again.

It most annoying and time consuming. I have checked of apps on the computer and it’s only happening in VBA. I think I have some how altered a setting , but can’t seem to find which one.
I have rebooted the computer to try to see if it would lose the error but no joy.

Thank in advance for your comments

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:06
example when I press the space bar, the curser moves to create the blank space, but delete the space once I start writing again. So if I type "dim bank As integer" it appears as "dimbankAsinteger" until I go back and insert the blank space again.
I bet there is a form with a running timer open. - Close the form and everything will be back to normal.
If there appears to be no form open, check Forms.Count, it might be open but not visible.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:06
I used to have the same issue with the cursor jumping about randomly when typing in the VBE.
It took ages to work out the cause but it was exactly what sonic8 described.
In my case, there was a background form that was always running with a timer event. Its purpose was to check for a maintenance closedown event so end users could be kicked out after a warning when maintenance was necessary. As no end users would ever have access to the VBE, the solution was to disable the timer for development work.
Problem solved instantly!

MIkeD666

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all for the quick replies. I am currently, testing some of the solutions given and will let you know how I get on.

MIkeD666

Registered User.
Local time
Well that was great. I fixed the problem, having read the comments about. I noticed the home form was still open in the background but not visible. closed the form and every thing back to normal.

Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom