List box on pop up form (1 Viewer)

MooTube

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Hello,

I currently have a list box that filters though a list of records on the main form using a text box.

I have got the search function working, and the list box filters correctly, the problem I am having is that I need to be able to double click the record and have that record show on the main form.

The code I have so far is...

Code:
Private Sub SearchResults_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)

DoCmd.OpenForm "PersonDetailsForm", , , "[PersonID] = '" & Me.[SearchResults].Column(0).Value & "'"

End Sub

With the name of my form being PersonDetailsForm, the name of the field I am trying to get to being PersonID and the name of the listbox being SearchResults, with the searched PersonID living in the first column (column0) of this list box.

When I run this code and double click on a specified record, I recieve the error "Run-time error '424': Object Required

I don't understand why this happens? Is it because the value is numerical? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 01:26
it IS numerical. you dont need to call column 0, its default.

DoCmd.OpenForm "PersonDetailsForm", , , "[PersonID] = " & Me.[SearchResults]

James Deckert

Continuing to Learn
Local time
Today, 00:26
looks like you're putting single quotes around the number making it a string value instead of a number. Try like Ranman's statement or get rid to the single quotes around the number

MooTube

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Perfect thank you, I didn't realise that a list box would contain column 0 as default or that I was setting it to a string value! Thanks for the help guys I learnt more than I thought I would!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom