Certain list box columns? (1 Viewer)

vent

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:25
Hi everyone

I have a table with 14 column fields and on a separate form has a list box with the record source set to this table and text boxes bound to the first 11 columns, so when the user selects a row in the list box, the text boxes autopopulate with their respective column info. However my new task to add 2 more important column fields. The goal is for the list box to display 5 of the total 13 columns, but the textboxes to include the rest of the columns. Essentially the user sees the information in the 5 columns and the text boxes include additional information. Before I play around with this as I've had some issues with Access crashing on me lately, does anyone have any advice or information on how I can display a few specific columns from a table onto a listbox, but have the textboxes display the rest? Thank you!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:25
Its very straightforward.
You've already explained the idea & just need to implement it

In the listbox, include the PK field as the first hidden column then select the other 5 fields you want to display

vent

Registered User.
Local time
I changed the query to only show the desired columns in the list box, but when I try to set the textboxes' control source to the rest of the column values, I don't see them in the dropdown. I also set the form's record source to the query as well. Thoughts? And much thanks from a rookie.

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:25
Bring all the columns you want into the list box source. Put the list box columns widths to 2;2;2;2;2;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0 (you get the idea)

You will only see the first 5, but all 14/18 (how ever many) will be able to be referenced in the Listbox column() properties.

vent

Registered User.
Local time
Bring all the columns you want into the list box source. Put the list box columns widths to 2;2;2;2;2;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0 (you get the idea)

You will only see the first 5, but all 14/18 (how ever many) will be able to be referenced in the Listbox column() properties.

I went ahead and did that but how do i make the textboxes reference the other hidden columns? I click the dropdown under control source and nothing appears. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom