Transferring fields between records in separate databases (1 Viewer)

CivilUser

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:50
I have 2 separate databases that contain similar information but do not share the same field names. I would like to transfer specific fields, from one record at a time, to corresponding fields (with different names than the original) in the other database. 2 questions:

1. Should I use an ADODB connection?

2. What functions are available to transfer specific fields as described?

I am vaguely familiar with ADODB connections and could probably write the code for that but I am having a hard time finding the functions to do what I want once I open the connection. Thanks!

CivilUser

Registered User.
Local time
Do I need to explain myself better or is what I described just not possible? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CivilUser

Registered User.
Local time
I was really hoping to get an answer here seeing as how so many other questions are answered. Kind of disappointing...

On the other hand I found a different way to solve my problem. Its not the best solution but it works. I created an append query and transferred the data (docmd.transferspreadsheet) from that table to a temporary excel spreadsheet. Then I opened up the new database which looks for the spreadsheet each time it opens so it can update itself. It works but it is a little bit messy. The spreadsheet is created and deleted each time a transfer is run. All of this done through vb code obviously.

I hope somebody finds this helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom