Notify user when there is modification make to data (1 Viewer)

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
Hello guys, is it possible to have some thing like a message box to notify user that the color for data have been change to red instead of blue?

Like for example when data 1 was added into access yesterday, the color is blue. Then for today the color change to red.

Thank you! Have a great day ahead everyone

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
To me, if the system already knows today's color, then why prompt or notify the user at all? I think the system--if it knows today's color--should just apply that color automatically.

hth
Mark

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
To me, if the system already knows today's color, then why prompt or notify the user at all? I think the system--if it knows today's color--should just apply that color automatically.

hth
Mark

In my case, I want the system to prompt user the change, so that if the user have create a PO based on that color will know that she have to make coinages to that PO.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
OK, so then back to your question, is it possible to show a message box? Yes, of course this is possible. Do you need other help to make this work? If so, what?
Mark

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
OK, so then back to your question, is it possible to show a message box? Yes, of course this is possible. Do you need other help to make this work? If so, what?
Mark

Yes! How do i do that?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Have you tried something like this...
Code:
MsgBox "Today's color is red."
Also, how does the system know what color today is? For more specific help, describe where you are stuck.
Mark

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:26
Mark's question amused me:
Also, how does the system know what color today is?

If you want to have a new colour each day you could use
Code:
CLng(Date)

So for example, the backcolor of a form could be set using:

Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Detail.BackColor = CLng(Date)
End Sub

Or to take the idea to an extreme, use a different random colour between say 1 & 100000 each time you open the form

Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()    
    Me.Detail.BackColor = CLng(100000 * Rnd + 1)
End Sub

If anyone actually thinks this is worthwhile and you want a different random colour for each day, use Rnd & store the value in a table for each day .....
but I'm bored with the idea now ... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom