forcing X pages on a report (1 Viewer)

Cowboy_BeBa

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:01
Hi all

Ive got a report im currently fiddling with

Basically its a report based on two tables
tblProduction (which is a list of all stock our company is producing in a given month)
and tblBatches (the number of batches in each production, ie record prod01 from table production may have several batches in tblBatches, record prod02 may have 30 batches in tblBatches, but each batch can only be linked to one record in tblProduction)

each page in the report only has enough room to show 6 batches
Now ive already got the report to force a new page for each individual record in tblProduction, that was the easy part, but now what id like to be able to do is to create a new page for every 6 batches linked to that original record (so count of batches in tblBatches where tblBatches.prodID=tblProduction,prodID / 6 and rounded up = number of pages required)
is it possible to do this?

a few years back someone on this forum helped me out with a little VB script to copy all the relevant data i need from a crosstab query into a new tabke which the report was then based on, i really appreciated his help (though tbh ive forgotten who it was) and the script works quite well, however there have been a few occasional bugs (usually due to people incorrectly keying the data, however sometimes i cannot find the source of the problem at all and have to enter the data into the new table manually) and i honestly dont understand the script well enough to properly debug or rewrite it, so id like to be able to find a new solution to this problem
so far i think ive found a new design to fix said problem, but i still need to figure out how to programattically force new pages one a report where new pages have already been forced

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom