VBA Where with two conditions (1 Viewer)

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:12
I require the report to open using two conditions (one condition using a listbox and the other from a drop down). I am getting a data mismatch error:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport vRpt, acPreview, , "[Name]= '" & lstEAddrs.Column(1) & "'" And "[WeekEnding] = '" & Combo12 & "'"

Combo12 holds a date.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 04:12
Your 'And' exists in a state of limbo. As it resides, it is neither part of a string (inside quotes) nor is it a variable (with ampersands before and after it). So when the computer comes to it, it has no idea what you are talking about.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
In general, I would suggest declaring a string to hold your "Where" clause. You would populate the string before doing the DoCmd.OpenReport and pass the variable where you have your criteria.

The big advantage of doing this as a habit is that you can verify exactly what your Where clause will be prior to having the report run. Often this will expose issues such as this long before you turn to the forum for help.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:12
The And belongs inside quotes as part of the literal string. Also, date fields need # delimiter around parameters.

& "' And [WeekEnding] = #" & Combo12 & "#"

Last edited:

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
The And belongs inside quotes as part of the literal string. Also, data fields need # delimiter around parameters.

& "' And [WeekEnding] = #" & Combo12 & "#"

When adding the date criteria, it returns no results :confused:
Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport vRpt, acPreview, , "[Name]= '" & lstEAddrs.Column(1) & "' And [WeekEnding] = #" & Combo12 & "#"

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:12
I assumed WeekEnding is a native Date/Time field in table. Provide sample data.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 05:12
Take Mark's advice
In general, I would suggest declaring a string to hold your "Where" clause. You would populate the string before doing the DoCmd.OpenReport and pass the variable where you have your criteria.
The big advantage of doing this as a habit is that you can verify exactly what your Where clause will be prior to having the report run. Often this will expose issues such as this long before you turn to the forum for help.

Dim strWhere as string
strWhere = "[Name]= '" & lstEAddrs.Column(1) & "' And [WeekEnding] = #" & Combo12 & "#"
debug.print strWhere
'What you get?
DoCmd.OpenReport vRpt, acPreview, ,strWhere

It would be a whole lot easier for anyone to help, instead of guessing at what you are doing wrong.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:12
& "' And [WeekEnding] = #" & Format(Combo12,"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:12
Shiw us the value of the combo and its recordsource

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 05:12
Only to completely support my and Mark's point. Learn to debug your own code.
in general, I would suggest declaring a string to hold your "Where" clause. You would populate the string before doing the DoCmd.OpenReport and pass the variable where you have your criteria.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
It is set to date/time and short date; sample data:
06/09/2018

Something important to remember; Date/Time is stored as a number NOT a formatted date. While YOU see 06/09/2018 ACCESS sees either 43260 (if MM/DD/YYYY as Arnel posted) OR 43349 (if your short date is DD/MM/YYYY). For date/time the format is NOT saved and is done when displayed.

Probably not relevant to your issue with the filter, but something you as a developer need to be aware of as "and short date" will not affect what is actually stored, just how it is displayed. This does become very relevant when you use NOW() to fill a date/time but display only the 'short date'. You'll be wondering why it isn't sorting the way you think if you don't remember what is really in the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom