Cant Enter Data - Read only I think? (1 Viewer)

dichotomous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:54
My database is installed in a server environment. Back end and Front end.

When I log into the server and open my front end, I have full control.

Yet, one of the users, on his server profile, all he can do is read. He cannot enter data.

I have installed and reinstalled the front end, yet each time it goes live in his profile we get the same issue.

Help please. :banghead:

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 03:54
FE must be on the user's machine, and user must have full control of the folder in which the BE resides on the server.
hth
Mark

dichotomous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:54
I think I know what I've done....Doh!

Thank you MarkK

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:54
Not that you NEED to do this, but the way we approached this on the Navy systems was that we created a Group name. Every person who would use the database became a member of that group. The three administrators were members of a different group that included the ability to assign the "regular" group to users. Then we added the Group to the folder's permissions list. If you were a member of the group, you had all the permissions you needed.

FWIW, this is the published and preferred method of assigning permissions to people who have similar roles, i.e. users of XYZ database. I can tell you that our security chief liked it that way and didn't kvetch (too much) about what we did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom