One table, dupe address, diff owners (1 Viewer)

boethos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:43
Have you found the "find duplicates" query wizard? It will build the query for you if you are unfamiliar with SQl.

I did try that, but could only get it to find dupe of one column, not checking two columns. I don't need the dupes of owner and property, I need same property, different owners.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 07:43
Why aren't the records with the address '1341 HALL ST' in your expected results?

boethos

Registered User.
Local time
Why aren't the records with the address '1341 HALL ST' in your expected results?

I cut off the sample to get the table to you quicker

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
So, this is just the method we discussed back in my first post. You will need 2 subqueries to get the data you want, here's the SQL for the first:

Code:
SELECT Sample_HSU_DB.Both_Name, Sample_HSU_DB.Both_addr
FROM Sample_HSU_DB
GROUP BY Sample_HSU_DB.Both_Name, Sample_HSU_DB.Both_addr;

Paste that into a new query object and name it '_sub1'. It gets all the unique name/addr permuations in your data. Next use this SQL:

Code:
SELECT [_sub1].Both_addr
FROM _sub1
GROUP BY [_sub1].Both_addr
HAVING (((Count([_sub1].Both_Name))>1));

Paste that into a new query with the name '_sub2'. It determines all the addr values that have multiple distinct name values. Finally, to get your data use this SQL:

Code:
SELECT Sample_HSU_DB.*
FROM _sub2 INNER JOIN Sample_HSU_DB ON [_sub2].Both_addr = Sample_HSU_DB.Both_addr;

boethos

Registered User.
Local time
So, this is just the method we discussed back in my first post. You will need 2 subqueries to get the data you want, here's the SQL for the first:

Code:
SELECT Sample_HSU_DB.Both_Name, Sample_HSU_DB.Both_addr
FROM Sample_HSU_DB
GROUP BY Sample_HSU_DB.Both_Name, Sample_HSU_DB.Both_addr;
Paste that into a new query object and name it '_sub1'. It gets all the unique name/addr permuations in your data. Next use this SQL:

Code:
SELECT [_sub1].Both_addr
FROM _sub1
GROUP BY [_sub1].Both_addr
HAVING (((Count([_sub1].Both_Name))>1));
Paste that into a new query with the name '_sub2'. It determines all the addr values that have multiple distinct name values. Finally, to get your data use this SQL:

Code:
SELECT Sample_HSU_DB.*
FROM _sub2 INNER JOIN Sample_HSU_DB ON [_sub2].Both_addr = Sample_HSU_DB.Both_addr;

So these are three separate queries? If so, I tried them and am getting all the records. I'm missing something. Thank you for your time.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yes they are 3 seperate queries. You need to create each one as instructed, then run the last one to retrieve the data you want.

boethos

Registered User.
Local time
Yes they are 3 seperate queries. You need to create each one as instructed, then run the last one to retrieve the data you want.

I did exactly that. I have 310 records.

Wooooowwwwww. Looks like what I'm looking for! Ya!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for your patience.

:):cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom