Finding avaiable scanner properties (1 Viewer)

wackywoo105

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:17
I'm trying to set a scanner up to use auto document feeder if it's available. It was working fine previously but I have changed my printer.

I'm sure I had some code somewhere that listed the available printer/scanner options. Something like:

Code:
Set wiaScanner = wiaDialog.ShowSelectDevice
Dim props As String

For Each item In wiaScanner.Properties
props = props & vbCrLf & item & " " & item.Name
Next item

This however doesn't bring up a list of proerties.

Previously wiaScanner.Properties.item("3087").Value gave the current state of the ADF, but it seems with the new printer this just stays fixed at 7.

Can anyone help with code to list all available properties?

wackywoo105

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:17
Thanks. The second like looks useful. I think I'm querying the correct property, as I think 3087 is fixed as ADF status. I'm worried it's something that's not being reported by the printer anymore. When I load a document into ADF it still scans from the flatbed whereas the previous printer would then use the adf.

It seems I can force it to use the adf but I would have to do so manually rather than querying whether it was available first.

EDIT:

I have found a few of my old posts from when I first wrote the code. The properties are all listed here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/wi...erty-constant-definitions?redirectedfrom=MSDN

so it appears I'm querying the correct one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom