Close Access97 Open Sessions and Then Close Database- new twist (1 Viewer)

llyal

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:36
Close Access97 Open Sessions and Then Close Database- new twist

I need to automatically close a Access97 database so that Compacting can be done from a maintenance program.

I cannot use the On Timer() Event to automatically close the database because the Users often close all database objects (like forms) and work directly with the tables (which have no On Timer() events); The On Timer() event only works when a form is open.

Is there perhaps a way to remotely kick Users out of a database and then close it? (i can manually do it, but i need a VB or VBA solution!)

I am open to any suggestions; my current solution is to issue a memo that tells all users to close the database at the end of the day - but this is not a real solution.

Thank you!

Llyal

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:36
Do this. add a hidden form to the Startup and place the timer event here to check to see if you want to bring the program down.

by opening it on the startup hidden Most users will never know its there. They will just think you have this wonderful control over the system.

MHM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:36
Sure You need a timed form, as Travis said.

This hidden form could check whether You have set a certain field to true (like [Parameters].[close]) and then does Application.Close. Accessing this table in a multi-user-environment is easy, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom