How to Extract Data Oracle and import into access tables (1 Viewer)

mehul.raval

Local time
Today, 09:37
I have an oracle 9.2.0 database with more than 1800 tables and 4GB of data. I need to extract selective data from three to four tables (That are all releated) so that the same can be imported into MS Access. I don't want to modify my original Oracle Database in any way. Can I export a dump file selectively from oracle and import into access or is there a way to use SQL query to access ORACLE database and simulteneously post into Access tables.

Help with simple code examples will be of help for me.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:07
And Note this Caution:::

5. Cautions

If you have signed into the Oracle database, your permissions on the server govern what permissions you have to any given table. If you sign on and you have full permissions to a table, you can delete or change data easily. With this ease comes a responsibility to ensure that data is not mistakenly changed or deleted. Query results in Access are live. This means the data returned from a query in most casesis a link to the real data NOT a copy. If you run a query and change the data in the resulting datasheet from the query, you are changing the data in the source tables not acopy. Users of Paradox should be especially careful that the query results are not an “answer” table but a live linkage to the data in the source tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom