Intelligent Design Is True (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 16:11
I just knew I would have to change my position on this one:)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:11
I just find it intriguing that replicating a non-intelligent system is applauded as a zenith of intelligence. In this case intelligence seems to be measured against copying something achieved by non-intelligence.

Design was required for every step of this achievement. Yet the achievement that it copies, and that's all it does, copies, is seperated completely from the concept of design.

It's just been proven that bacteria can be replicated by a design plan. How does this further disprove the idea that bacteria is grounded in design?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:11
The intelligence of single-cellular organisms have long been underestimated. Without a brain they manage their activities, resources and life strategies. They persue prey, elude predators, build shelters and trade genes, all things we think of as needing intelligence but without a synapse to be found.

Indeed the ability of these organisms calls into question the whole idea that the brains of higher organisms work like a network of switches but rather like a network of computers.

The intelligence that built higher organisms lies with these little creatures.

They have always ruled the plaent and always will. Microorganisms vastly exceed multicellular forms in both number and mass. In fact the average human contains over a kilogram of them.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 11:11
And they say we can't play "God" or force "nature." Today, we have cats that are bred hypoallergenic. Fruits that are hybrids, many man-made I might add. We've successfully modified DNA in small species to have qualities of other species, such as the fish with translucent and UV reactant skin originally modified and bred to detect pollutants (link). Now we have created a living being out of synthetic material. How long before we truly care creating cybernetic organisms? Will we find a fountain of youth with this technology?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom