Courses in the UK (1 Viewer)

vroom6sri

Local time
Today, 15:48
Hi, all.

I have finally joined this excellent forum after "viewing" it for many years and was hoping that you knowledgable folks might be able to recommend any formal Access training in the UK.

I have worked with Access for many years now and have been able (with a little help from posts on this forum) to deliver databases that have always met or exceeded the expectations of my "customers". However, I have had no formal, structured training. I started off being taught a little about Access so that I could maintain some well established databases and have sort of picked things up along the way. This isn't how I like to learn.

I have completed 2 fantastic programming courses with the Open University which really were vert well put together. Unfortunately the OU don't do any such courses for Access which is why I thought I'd start a thread on here to see if anyone can recommend any thorough, well produced Access courses so that I can cement and build upon my exiting capabilities.

Best Regards.

PS - thanks for the help in the past from the posts I've read on here!

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexHedley

Registered User.
Local time
Are you wanting certification or just the knowledge to work with databases?

Can they be an online course or are you wanting an in the classroom lesson?

If you're happy to do them in your own time at your own pace you could take a spy at the following:

http://www.599cd.com/site/courselist/access/?key=AlexForum

There is a thorough list of courses with full outlines.
You can search through the Topic Index too.
http://www.599cd.com/site/courselist/access/topic-index.asp?key=AlexForum

There's a lot of Tips as well if you want to get a feel for the teaching style:
http://www.599cd.com/tips/access/?key=AlexForum

Any questions just shout up.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Honestly, you'd be better getting someone to show you one on one even if you pay them. I went on a course, it cost me about £600 and all I got was some early retired woman who mainly tutored girls for typing but hooked into the whole MS certified thing.

At the end of 6 days, I was able to create a database using standard tools. What I couldn't do was the other 90% of access capabilities. I never even touched VBA or forms.....

I taught myself in the end with a little help from a mate which for me, was much more productive

Thanks

Nigel

vroom6sri

Local time
Thank you Alex & Nigel. Sorry it's taken me SO long to repond but I have just been so busy at work and at play over these past few months.

I don't mind not learning in a classroom. Both my OU courses were obviously the self-study style and really were excellent but these had the added support of a tutor being available for any one on one requirements, virtual classrooms for weekly tutorials and monthly real-life classroom tutorials.

It would be nice to have a qualification or certification of some sort at the end of it but my primary requirement is to learn the correct approaches, best practices, theories, etc. so that I don't have to rely on my almost "hit and hope" tactics.

I'll have a look at those course options at some point and will have to have a chat with my employer about possibly paying the fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom