Date format in Urdu font (1 Viewer)

SjCc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:19
I have a date field like format([cdate],"mmmm-yyyy") i want this field to be translated in urdu font ... any idea ..

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:19
Can you be a little more specific? The font is a property of the text box it is in, unless you are trying to have two different fonts in the same text box.

If the only thing you are putting in the control is in the Urdu font then the control's font can easily be changed. If you are mixing two (or more) fonts in the same control, look up how to make the control use Rich Text Format, which I believe allows font changes.

SjCc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:19
Can you be a little more specific? The font is a property of the text box it is in, unless you are trying to have two different fonts in the same text box.

If the only thing you are putting in the control is in the Urdu font then the control's font can easily be changed. If you are mixing two (or more) fonts in the same control, look up how to make the control use Rich Text Format, which I believe allows font changes.

Yes only single font required in text box ....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:19
To do this via code, perhaps in either the Form_Load event (best) or the Form_Current event (acceptable), use:

Me.yourcontrolname.FontName = "nameofUrduFont"

Since I don't know the name of your control or the name of the font, you will have to supply the correct names. By the way, I don't know if Windows comes with a standard Urdu font, having never had to use it in any project. But for this to work, it has to be an installed font since Access looks up the font by name.

If this can be statically assign, then don't worry about the code. In form design view, open the control property sheet, select the format tab, and click in the Font Name property, which should give you a drop-down list from which you can select the name of the the font. Or you can just start typing and it will jump-scroll to the first font starting with the letters you have typed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom