Can't Disable Menu Properties in Access 2010 Without Multiple Logins (1 Viewer)

andigirlsc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:35
I'm wondering if I should just accept the multiple logins problem and just create an ACCDE file with all menus permanently disabled for my database users. Then I would be free to work on the original ACCDB file and make changes as necessary, leaving me the option of creating new ACCDE's, as needed, for distribution to my users. I can think of no other solution without searching for code that fixes the problem.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:35
That would definitely work. You just need to be sure everything your Users need to do is available at the Form level.

Side note: Did you try my last suggestion? Any success?

andigirlsc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:35
Thank you for your last suggestion, but it didn't work. It's almost as if the code isn't being recognized. Here is what I have:

Code:
If User.AccessID <> 1 Then
     Call DisableProperties
End If

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:35
Well then changing to an .ACCDE sounds like your only choice, sorry... :(

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:35
Where are you actually setting the variable AccessID of the UDT User? It needs to be set before calling the disable menus function. And also, as with certain properties it needs a restart before it kicks, properties such as the AllowBypassKey.
Once it's set it should remain set. If it needs a reset you need to open the db twice, first to set it and the next for it to kick in (again).

As Gina already mentioned, ACCDE is the way forward anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom