Database normilization help (1 Viewer)

ShavedCloaca

Local time
Today, 06:17
Hi I was wondering if anyoine could give me a hand with a problem i have, im doing some coursework and they have tasked us to normilize data to 3NF but the data we have been given to normilize doesnt seem like its possible.

Platform, Catalogue No. and Title
Number of disks
Synopsis and Review(s?)
Category, Genre, Age Rating, Release Date
Screenshots
User Rating

these are the atributes we have been given, if anyone could help that would be amazing.
Thanks Shaved Cloaca

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 00:17
Open ended requests for homework help don't go over to well here. We are happy to help and guide, but not happy to do.

So, how about you post what you have attempted and ask specific questions.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
they have tasked us to normilize data to 3NF but the data we have been given to normilize doesnt seem like its possible.

If it's an exam question then you can be certain you are wrong and it is possible.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 01:17
Gotta go with Gizmo on this one - looking at the attributes you have provided, that is absolutely capable of being normalized to 3NF.

ShavedCloaca

Local time
would anyone be able to help me get started, i just need to get to 1NF and i should be good from there, im not asking for anyone to do it for me just some hints would be great :)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 01:17
If you have to, draw out the relationships on paper.

Assuming that is for software or games, I see more than 5 potential tables.

Try to think about what every object descends from - there is one field in your list that is the ultimate source; it's what the database is ABOUT. Everything else flows from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom