Error Code 2950 (1 Viewer)

Slarti

Local time
Today, 18:13
PROBLEM SOLVED

I run an Access database for playing statistics for my rugby club. I wrote it 26 years ago originally in DataEase, and then transferred it to Access. I currently run it in Access 2016 in Access 2002-2003 file format.

It has worked fine until this week (following a Windows or Office update) when VBA scripts (I think I recall putting them in using Expression Builder) I have in a macro button on a form stopped working, reporting Error Code 2950. The scripts update table values based on the values I have input onto the form - I could manually update them all, but it would be a drag.

All other macros and queries seem to work fine - it just doesn't like running the VBA.

I have checked the database is in a Trusted Location, and that hasn't solved it.

Any ideas of anything else I can check ?

I managed to track down a report that a Security Update at the weekend had affected things - depending on which version you are running you can download a fix - see Microsoft Update for Office 2016 kb4484198 .

I have installed it and it looks to have fixed the problem. Phew ! I have nearly 50,000 playing records in there !

Last edited:

Lindaad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:13
Start your computer or laptop, then log in as an administrator > click the Start button, then click Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > click "Restore my PC to a previous time" >, then click Next ">Select the latest restore date> and then click "Next" twice after the recovery is complete, restart your computer or laptop.

Slarti

Local time
Today, 18:13
Lindaad - thank you. After 3 hours' searching I found a fix on the MS website - see thread above. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom