Trying to run update for table screwing it up (1 Viewer)

Jimg1976

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:48
Try my version with the , in the update clause.
Initially you only updated 3 fields, and so only had a comma after the first two.
If you increase the fiels being updated, the previous ones need a comma being added.?

It is entirely possible. Your code did work just fine. Thank you so much for all your attention.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:48
I am looking for the entry that matches p3, p4, and p5 and then
and then setting them to P3,P4 and P5?, but they already have those values, else you would not have found the record.? Plus you update Badge regardless.?

I think (from what you have at least) that you just need to update p0,p1 and P2 where you find P3,P4 and P5?

Or am I missing something obvious.?:confused:

Jimg1976

Registered User.
Local time
and then setting them to P3,P4 and P5?, but they already have those values, else you would not have found the record.? Plus you update Badge regardless.?

I think (from what you have at least) that you just need to update p0,p1 and P2 where you find P3,P4 and P5?

Or am I missing something obvious.?:confused:

Well our work schedule is a bit odd, because we work 2 shifts so there can be more than one entry for p3, and p4. So I need to match p5 also. Because of all data being put in by humans, I am leaving the ability to update all but badge. If the badge is wrong, I am allowing them to delete the entire record, and then they will add the entry for the correct badge number. If you think there is an easier way, I am all for suggestions, I am learning this on the fly and trying to plan for all user issues :eek:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:48
Well our work schedule is a bit odd, because we work 2 shifts so there can be more than one entry for p3, and p4. So I need to match p5 also. Because of all data being put in by humans, I am leaving the ability to update all but badge. If the badge is wrong, I am allowing them to delete the entire record, and then they will add the entry for the correct badge number. If you think there is an easier way, I am all for suggestions, I am learning this on the fly and trying to plan for all user issues :eek:

I am aware of this, but you do not seem to grasp what I am trying to say.?
Obviously you are not really doing any harm as you are updating with the same data, but i see no need to ever carry out something that does not need to be done.?

I'll leave it there, but it just seems to me you are complicating all of this with unnecessary code in the update clause.? and that was where some of the errors were (missing commas). p0,P1 and P2 were all correct up until then.?

Jimg1976

Registered User.
Local time
I am aware of this, but you do not seem to grasp what I am trying to say.?
Obviously you are not really doing any harm as you are updating with the same data, but i see no need to ever carry out something that does not need to be done.?

I'll leave it there, but it just seems to me you are complicating all of this with unnecessary code in the update clause.? and that was where some of the errors were (missing commas). p0,P1 and P2 were all correct up until then.?

It is entirely possible that I am, and when I sit down to finish a review when it is done see everything the same way. I am not having the easiest time of this as coding has never been my strong suit. This is my first in depth experience. I really appreciate all the help. I will take into consideration all of your points and clean up as much as I can. Again Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom