Notes From A Thoughtful Husband (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:50
See, a guy has to ask what the matter is because he may expose an issue she is not yet aware of...:eek:

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
I don't mean to put a damper on the mood but you all realize our fun will be short lived as the girls will inevitably stroll in...
Yup, let's all bugger off to the pub and leave 'em to it

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 18:50
Rich said:
Yup, let's all bugger off to the pub and leave 'em to it

Careful..... You will be accused of

Not Caring
Not Understanding
etc
etc
etc

So come back late
Make a lot of noise
Throw open the door and SHOUT

I feel like sex tonight :eek: :eek:

pound to a penny she will be asleep, and stay that way. :D :D :D

Len

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
I don't mean to put a damper on the mood but you all realize our fun will be short lived as the girls will inevitably stroll in...

"I am sure care’s an enemy to life." William Shakespeare (Sir Toby Belch, in Twelfth Night, 1:iii) :cool:

KenHigg

Local time
As long as we're all chummy, could we pool the resources and help me with something; Cupcake comes in and I think I see something new with the way she's doing her hair but I'm not sure. It may have been something she changed last week - who knows. Do I take a chance and mention it and say how nice it looks and hope she just did it and take the risk that it may have been something I should have noticed last week? I guess if she goes there I could always say, 'Well, I was going to say something last week but I never did.' Is it better to ask if she's done something new with her hair and be wrong or to not be sure and not mention it at all? What if she did do something different and was expecting a response...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
Is it better to ask if she's done something new with her hair and be wrong or to not be sure and not mention it at all?
Don't mention anything if you're not sure Ken. If you comment on the hair and nothing has been done, she'll think you think she's looking a mess.

Wait for the famous question. . . . . . . . "Well? - what do you think" (as she holds arms out wide and poses) and you haven't the faintest idea if its new dress / hair done / new shoes. . . . . . . what do you say?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:

Its a good thread though - I'll be out of here before the girls wake up to it (I hope)

Col

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
Wait for the famous question. . . . . . . . "Well? - what do you think" (as she holds arms out wide and poses) and you haven't the faintest idea if its new dress / hair done / new shoes. . . . . . . what do you say?

Col
same as I always think dear, you'll do

Len Boorman

Local time
Now Ken... you area sensible person so consider

if the gods are on your side and yoiu guess correctly that the new look is from today then you score handsomely but in the future if you get it wrong you will be accused of "just guessing" before. Okay that's what you did but you gave the impression (falsely) that you really noticed so

Either make a point of saying something a couple of days late, on the basis that now it has settled down it looks more natural and suites you better or keep totally stum and be the uncaring brute you will be called if you try to be too smart and slip up any time in the next 50 years. After that you could probably get away with failing faculities

Len

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I established very early that
a) I thought my wife looked fabulous whatever

and
b) I was too dozey to notice anything but the most extreme change

thus the situation doesn't apply, however if it did I would not mention it too quickly if i was unsure of the situation nor would I mentionit as changed but would at some point tell her that I liked her hair , or some such words.

She would point out that it was the same as always and i would say " I know but I felt that it was too long since I told you how nice it was"

OR

She would say that it was about time I noticed and I would say that because it was always nice I was trying to decide which I preferred , but I can't decide as she lways looks so nice.

Bit one must remain light on one's feet and prepared for anything,

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
Don't mention anything if you're not sure Ken. If you comment on the hair and nothing has been done, she'll think you think she's looking a mess.

Col

All I can thing of would be 'Hum sweetheart, something seems different...'.

Then maybe start at the top and work your way down. 'Is it your hair? No, Hum the dress? No? Hum... New Shoes?...

Would this be suicide?

Len Boorman

Local time
Rich said:
Yeah but what about the next morning ? :eek:

Face it... your gonner suffer but this way at least you get a nights sleep

Len

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
KenHigg said:

Then maybe start at the top and work your way down. 'Is it your hair? No, Hum the dress? No? Hum... New Shoes?...

Would this be suicide?

YEP

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Len Boorman said:
...failing faculities
Len

Hum... Interesting angle. Do you think you can over use it or should it be saved for emergency use only?

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
Do I take a chance and mention it and say how nice it looks and hope she just did it and take the risk that it may have been something I should have noticed last week? I guess if she goes there I could always say, 'Well, I was going to say something last week but I never did.'
This is definitely a risk you take, but she won't buy the explanation you came up with and it'll make things worse. Go for self-deprication instead: "I can't believe I didn't notice until now. What's wrong with me?" followed by a follow-up compliment: "You look so beautiful." Getting frisky at that point probably won't get you sex but it'll convince her your not b.s.ing.

KenHigg said:
Is it better to ask if she's done something new with her hair and be wrong or to not be sure and not mention it at all?
Oh, hell yes, ask! When you ask if she's changed something and she says no, you just follow up with, "Wow, you just look so good today I could have sworn you changed your hair (or did any other type of thing to look extra good)". This tactic is 100% guaranteed golden; if you're right you noticed something she did; if you're wrong then you're paying extra attention to her for no reason at all. Either way you're noticing her and that will make her happy. The only way you can screw this angle up is if you're obviously full of it.

Len Boorman

Local time
KenHigg said:

Would this be suicide?

Absolutely..... without a doubt.....bought the bullets, loaded the gun, aimed it and fired all by yourself

L

Len Boorman

Local time
KenHigg said:
Hum... Interesting angle. Do you think you can over use it or should it be saved for emergency use only?

If you use this one then remember that failing faculities seldom suddenly regain their youth so it tends to be a bit of a permanent status you are establishing, except of course maybe once every leap year :D :D :D :D

L

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:

Would this be suicide?
Definately:rolleyes: you may as well get the gun ready. You're on a loser before you have said "Hum sweetheart". . . .

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Kraj said:
"Wow, you just look so good today I could have sworn you changed your hair (or did any other type of thing to look extra good)".
To which she replies " you mean I normally look a mess" :eek:

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom